Every holiday season we face the same dilemma: What should I give to those closest to me. How do I show them that I care without spending exorbitant amounts of money. With a little imagination you can come up with some low cost ideas for gifts that show you care. Here are 5 of my ideas:
- Time. Time is one of the best gifts that you can give to someone. It really shows someone that you care when you spend quality time with them. Plan to do an activity that they love. It can be as simple as having a movie night, you may go for a hike or out shopping. If someone is chronically ill you can offer to run errands with or for them. You can also offer to cook them a meal. The options are limitless. You only have to use a little imagination to make it special. Your loved one will thank you and really know that you care when you plan to spend time with them.
- Experiences. Reduce waste and create memorable moments by giving the gift of experiences instead of things. You can give a getaway, staycation, trip to a local attraction or a meal at a nice restaurant. Be sure to pick out something they would love and appreciate. You can look on AirBnB for unique vacation experiences local to you.
- Handmade gifts. People love receiving handmade gifts. It shows that time and effort went into the gift. Here are some ideas.
- Food. Baked goods are always well received. I like giving away hummus and guacamole. This mason jar DIY granola bar kit is an excellent idea as is the tea ideas here; they also keep better.
- Bath and body. I love making scrubs and oil mixes. You can explore different scents and mediums. Facial masks and toners are also a good idea.
- Wearable. If you knit, crochet or sew you can make your loved ones a one of a kind gift. Scarves are easy to make and perfect for winter weather. Cozy socks and blankets are nice too.
- Wellness. Everyone wants to be well and feel pampered. Wellness gifts let your loved ones know that you care about their health and well being. Yoga, massage and essential oils are all great wellness gifts.
- Gift Certificate. Most spas and yoga studios offer gift certificates. Let your loved ones feel pampered and enjoy their favorite wellness activities. If you would like to book an in person or Skype yoga session with me you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Essential oils are one of my favorite things. They have amazing health benefits, smell great and make you feel good. Rocky Mountain Oils has an awesome holiday line full of scents to boost the holiday spirit.
- Yoga gear. For the yogi in your life you can choose a fancy mat such as Prana towel mat or take advantage of Manduka’s holiday sale with discounts up to 50% off. If you’re low on cash you can get a small accessory such as a yoga block or a microfiber towel like the chill pal.
- Books. Holidays are the perfect opportunity to show me that you care by purchasing Yoga with Aunty Mo. My delightful children’s book makes the perfect holiday gift. You can gift both Kindle and paperback formats to your loved ones using Amazon. If you are interested in more children’s books featuring children of color you can visit Bharat Babies where you will enjoy 20% off by following this link.
If these tips did not give you any ideas, here are some of the favorite things I bought on Amazon this year.
What are your favorite gifts to give and receive?